Ambridge is a borough in Beaver County, Pennsylvania. In 1901 the American Bridge Company purchased 2,500 acres of land from the Harmonists and established a town. The town attracted a large number of immigrants in the early 20th century. With the growth of the steel mills, Ambridge became a worldwide leader in steel production for bridge-building. The bridge works closed in 1984, but the steel pipes are still manufactured in the town. Have a look at these historical photos of Ambridge from the 1930s and 1940s.