The Nash-Healey was a sports car that was produced from 1951 to 1954 by the Nash-Kelvinator Corporation. It was a collaboration between American automaker Nash and British automaker Donald Healey, who designed the car and supplied its engines.
The Nash-Healey was a two-door, two-seater roadster that was designed to appeal to American sports car enthusiasts. It was powered by a 2.5-litre inline six-cylinder engine sourced from Nash’s Ambassador car and could produce around 90 horsepower. The vehicle was equipped with a four-speed manual transmission and could reach speeds of up to 90 mph.
The Nash-Healey was well-received by the automotive press and was praised for its stylish design, impressive performance, and relatively affordable price. It was also one of the first American sports cars to compete in international motorsports events, with a Nash-Healey winning its class at the 1951 Le Man’s 24-Hour race.
Despite its initial success, the Nash-Healey was not a commercial success and production of the car was limited. Approximately 504 Nash-Healey roadsters were built between 1951 and 1954, and the car is now considered a collectible by enthusiasts and car collectors.